Thursday, August 10, 2017

The one time my sinus helped me.

This story that im about to share wont be as memorable if i didnt do what I did lol.

So this monday while I was on the commute to work, some young punk/beng decided to suddenly just slam his fat uncouth ass next to me and decided to start eating into my seating space with his legs high up on the chair into my "seat space" and our shoulders touching n shit.

So at this point i had a few options. 1) Kindly ask him to sit properly politely, and hope he won't kick up a fuss. 2) Change seats to find somewhere more comfortable. 3) Bear with his pressence for the rest of the train ride with his leg n hands pushing against mine. Awkward body contact on the train is a real bitch ey? But of course, should i have chosen any of this options, this story today wont not exactly have been blogworthy.

Suddenly inspiration hit me. Being too lazy to speak to a stranger or move so early in the morning and at the same time too uncomfortable to just "bear with it" for the rest of the train ride, so i suddenly had a great plan when I realized my nose has been itching for awhile. Although normally its "not nice" to blow your nose on the public commute when you are near a fellow commuter, it came to me that if i wanted this guy to fuck off without direct confrontation, this was it. And so i did, i took out some tissue from my hand and blew the fek outta my morning sinus infected nose. The rowdy punk got up and changed seat at the next stop, landing himself just as violently on the seat next to a poor commuter.

This tiny incident kinda reminded me of some old phrase i was taught back in primary school about "there are many ways to skin a cat", or something along those lines. I guess sometimes when you're presented with a shitty situation, ingenuity does help hahaha. I guess despite the many approaches i could've chosen, i chose to gross the ah beng out haha. And its good i guess? For had i decided to politely ask him to fuck off, things might've escalated and i might not be able to peacefully go to work.

At the end of the day, we are all responsible for out own actions, sometimes its good to take a step back and think before we do something that might cause regrets later. For the times that you do regret, I guess the only right thing to do is to man up and face the consequences and hope the lesson sticks.

Im finally almost done clearing this set of spam photos from my phone wohoo!!

No comments: