Monday, October 11, 2010

Day as an Otaku

Today, I woke up at 5pm due to the lack of sleep on the previous night at Zulfaliq's chalet. Wanted to drink with friends but guess not many were free so the idea was dropped and I spent the rest half of the day as something I haven't been for a very very long time. An Otaku (geek who loves japanese anime and manga?)

Finished watching one piece movie 10 and 8. Thinking back now, I've been watching/reading one piece since I was 13 or 14! I can still remember the first time it was on air on kids central I merely watched it out of coincidence. Never did I thought that I would get myself so hooked up with it even up till the age of 17 going 18.

When I look back, those days where I was an otaku, I kinda seem to have a better personality eh? Perhaps it was then I did not have much friends to hang out with and the only thing that could influence me then was mostly manga(s). Luffy had never fail to make me feel amazed since I was a child. He made the world of pirates a better place with his happy-go-lucky attitude but at the same time, having a strong sense of friendship and his own set of principles he lives by. How can such a simple guy overcome so many troubles and diffuculties? Maybe it was because he is simple and does not think much? I dont know.

Sometimes I think to myself, honestly honestly. Which would a better place to live in? The age of pirates? Or reality. The age of pirates is dangerous and the strong rules over anything else, and when I say strong I meant physically strong like those good at fighting kind of strong. Everything is simple. Much like the animal kingdom. While reality well.. is much more complicated to me, there is so many things to attend to and when you really think back. What do humans really need to survive on? Food, water and air. Even a shelter over your head is not a necessicity. So why so the humans in this society work so hard for what? Money? Who invented this term money anyway? Isn't barter trading more effective?

Okay I'm getting a little out of topic here already i'm most probably sleepy.

Till next time!

No comments: