Saturday, February 7, 2015

Busy

Been really busy for the past few weeks, working, studying, catching up with old friends.. Oh and I'm meeting Zul tomorrow after like years? It's at "OutBar" which is a gay bar I think but that's alright! Never really been to one so I guess it's an experience?

I've been thinking a lot about the nature of human beings, Glenn told me today that a life without religion is a life not worth living, well I guess I kinda get where he's coming from. And sometimes I find myself being a christain by name only; like yknow, i'm having doubts about the existence of christ all the time. Even till today. But im sure there is a god somewhere, someone looking out for be if not I'd be dead a million times before I can even hit 23 given the way I act and behave.

In a part of the bible it was stated that we are all born sinners, which was really interesting and hard to swallow for some but it got me thinking, the bible might not be that far off from the truth huh!

How many of us have lied without even anyone teaching us just because it was the convenient thing to do? How many of us has killed an insect just because it was an eyesore? And how many of us has done bad things while others aren't looking or even bear false witness against your neighbours? (I never hor.) All these things weren't taught by someone else in my opinion. So doesn't that mean that it's nature rather than nurture? All humans are selfish deep down. If so, how do I explain love? Do we love someone else because of the things they bring to the table? Like how a kid loves his mum for providing him with food/shelter/love while the mum loves him because he is essentially a "part of her"? Procreation is after all human's way of trying to cheat death is it not? To create new life before your own ends and educate it to be someone like you or better?  Is selfishness sinful? Even I dare not confidently answer that with a yes.

Ah, insomnia thoughts again. I got more important stuff to work on than to ponder bout things I can't solve man. Let's wore on becoming better in every aspect this 2015! :)

Get well soon mat, don't die on me.

No comments: