Thursday, August 18, 2016

My shoulder is popping again.

Was about to fall asleep after a night of studying when I suddenly felt a light "pop" on my left shoulder when I moved it. This seemingly random action brought me back to a certain time when I truly enjoyed my days in school. Granted, i wasn't enjoying the parts about studying. But I had a great time with the friends I made back then.

I remember how a bunch of us would stay back in school till it got dark to play block catching. We would find nice hiding spots to avoid being detected by the "catchers" instead of running from them most of the time though. The best spots were the ones where you could have a good view of your surroundings without them actually spotting you; when you find a spot like that, you'd normally witness some funny events like your friend running for his dear life while a horde of catchers chase after him as if he was carrying a billion dollars.

I remember how I was so fond of climbing back then. And that was also how I "sprained" my shoulder. Not from falling from a great height, but by holding on to some railings wrongly while I was trying to vault up a staircase.

Ah, I really miss those days where my biggest worries in school were about when I was gonna get caught by catchers instead of project deadlines and tests. On hindsight, I believe that I've never really had to work hard for anything up till now. But this semester is different, it's definitely the hardest semester I ever have to go through, and yet somehow my head still isn't fully in the game. Time to put in a little more effort I guess. Then I can rest all I want after that :)

I have a good life, with more resources than some of my peers. But ultimately my lazy attitude is going to be the death of me.

No comments: