Saturday, November 24, 2018

I want to save my girlfriend

I have fallen in love with a woman that has been emotionally abused from a young age, and there is a high chance that she might never ever get "better". This hurt has shaped her into who she is now, a driven, passionate, talented, and pleasant girl who brings joy to the people around her and always strives to push me in the correct direction. When I am with her, I am truly happy and contented.

But deep down, there is a darkness within her, a yearning for love from her mother that I can never hope to fulfil as much as I try. I have been blessed with a wholesome family since the day I was born, and I am unable to fathom what kind of trauma that must have been, living with a "monster" that thrives on your weaknesses and seeks to exploit you every time you go to her for solace. I am so afraid that one day, this darkness might drive her away from me, and I would only be able to idly watch as the situation unfolds.

There is very little I can do for this woman that I love. l want to save her, I want to make her as happy as I am when I am with her, I want to have a family sometime with her and hopefully, all these will eventually bear fruit. I want to help her let go of what has plagued her for the longest time, and allow her to be truly, truly happy.

But I really don't know if I can. I don't know if she will even let me. And this makes me feel like a big loser.


Had sore eyes since last Saturday. Hope I won't spread it to Shermane when she pops by later :(

No comments: