Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Insomniac's ramblings

I remember skipping school really often in back in secondary one and two because I didn't really like my class; and would stay at home and just play computer games till my mum comes home and we would eat together.

There was this one time though, where I remember being so bored at home I actually made a trip back to my primary school to visit my old form teacher out of sheer nostalgia. Maybe it's because of the cultural change I experienced from going into another school, but I wanted to speak to her as it was a happier moment of my life then.

Looking back I realize that as you progress to the next phase of life and look back, life will always seem easier, more carefree, more appealing. It's not that things got harder, no. It's because change is always hard.

No one likes to step out of their comfort zone just to acclimatise themselves to a new enviroment. But sometimes its necessary. You might not do well in it, you might not enjoy it, but it is necessary. Not just for progress, but sometimes perhaps just for the sake of retaining for you have. Which is why you have to improve yourself, slowly but surely. Hard as it may be.

Although my plans for the future aren't concrete, I am happy to at least have one more year to figure things out before I graduate (hopefully). Till then, I really need to start to buck up and fulfil my duties as a son and a student. There's really not much time left for fun is there? :(

It's sad how I can't remember much of my experience in pri school though, maybe I really am getting old :(

No comments: