Thursday, May 11, 2017

The receptionists had pretty shitty attitude too

At 5pm today, I consulted this male bespectacled doctor at Central 24-hr clinic (bedok) about the swelling of my lymph node on the left and an ulcer on my frenulum, which happened just 20 minutes before I reached the clinic. When I begun explaining on how these came about, the doctor seemed to be in a rush to get straight to the examination. After the examination, i recounted my story on how my lymph node swelled and my frenulum instantly grew an ulcer. The doctor quickly dismissed this, claiming that these two "parts" are unrelated and likely have different causes. I told him that all these just happened less than half an hour ago and that it's true, he snorted and said the same thing again that they are different parts. I understand that i should trust his professional opinion, but i have no reason to lie to him about how my symptoms happened nor did I come to this clinic seeking for an MC either.

I understand that doctors do not have it easy and they probably face a ton of patients in a day, some with very similar medical issues. But to lose your emphathy to the extent of not trusting your patients recount on how these symptoms happen is pretty lamentable.

I don't mind the consultation costing twice as much, but at least take your patients seriously instead of trying to generalise every symptom, administering them the appropriate medicine, and then asking them to leave like we are some sort of customers lining up for a massage.


Just leaving this post here lest i die in the next few days. At least you guys will know which motherfucker misdiagnosed me

No comments: