Monday, May 15, 2017

The screaming old man

Opposite my house was a newly built old folks home, it looks pretty good on the outside, with greenery every level and pretty modernised architecture.

Sometimes at night when i can't fall asleep, i would hear an old man screaming some 2-syllable name again and again for almost an hour or more at times. It was almost routine. My dad and others who stay up late in my building are also very familiar with this daily event. Some would open their windows at 2am and shush really loudly in hopes that the old man would stop being so noisy as the rest of us are trying to sleep.

For me, im pretty much unaffected. Since im kind of a heavy sleeper and my door is fairly soundproof. But the days where i had insomnia in the past were when i would be "greeted" by the old man's screams for something, or someone.

I can't help but wonder why, why would someone so routinely pine for something in the middle of the night. Was it because he had constant pains and is in need or a nurse? Or is it because he misses someone badly? Whatever his reasons were, i feel more strongly encouraged to become someone who is capable. Because that screaming old man is definately not happy with where he is right now, and i don't want to become like that when my hair turns white.

Might be meeting the peeps tomorrow for dinner! 

No comments: