Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Simpler days

I sometimes find myself often saying "I kinda miss the simpler days."

Truly, as you get older you start to be more affirmed that the only "simple day" was yesterday.

When I was in primary school I missed the classes in kindergarten which were mainly made up of learning how to write alphabets and singing songs, going home with my parents, and of course my kindergarten friends which I can't remember any of their names anymore.

When I was in secondary school, I missed the simple days back in primary school where I could have fun all day and be the only "naughty kid" in class. Playing pokemon cards with my fellow primary school friends.

When I was in polytechnic, I missed the times where me and my classmates would annoy tf out of our teachers and stick together like family through thick and thin back in secondary school, the cohesiveness was real (I didn't miss the uniforms though); where it was cool to get punished for something you done.

And when i was in NS, i missed the simpler days in poly where you don't have to aear a uniform to school, and sometimes classes were only like 2 hours long for a day, i missed the freedom to do whatever i wanted whenever i wanted. While when i was in SAF i had to be told where and when to sleep. When to book in and when to leave.

In uni, i did not really miss NS per se, but i missed how "simple" and "brainless" life was, like i was able to just lie on my bed, watching shows out of boredom without any objective. But then again, i think NS really wasn't all that memorable.

Now I am working, and although i do miss the "unemployed" days where my greatest worry was either submission dates or what to do after school. My work is pretty chill though. But this is now real life, where i have to strive to do my best so i can suppprt my loved ones. The playing field has once again changed.

But i gotta say, working life isn't really all that bad since i get a lot of balance between work and play right now. I only with i had a higher income so i could give my sotong buddy here more friends though hahaha

No comments: