Tuesday, December 19, 2017

And thus begins another day

And thus begins a new day.
Another grind, regardless the pace.
What's my purpose here? Some say.
To achieve, to belong, or to just save face?
I look around and I see my peers, filled with an assortment of fears:
Will I die alone? Will I one day be rich?
Will I one day own a car or still be taking grabhitch?
Will I get off my ass today and start something new?
Or continue to feel alone, disgruntled, and blue?
Will I ever be the best at anything I do?
Do I simply exist to exist in a world that is subdue or be subdued?
Is my worldview skewed? Or are these nightmares actually a reality?
Nothing truly matters. Woe is me, life is a tragedy.
When confronted with such confessions, I tell them this:
It doesn't matter if nothing matters, it doesn't matter: your quarter-life crisis.
If you think your life doesn't have meaning, give it one.
If you are sick of bumming around, go get something done.
If you can't find anyone to love, then work on yourself.
Read books, get a job, go to the gym, become a bombshell.
And if those don't work, then try being kinder.
Go brighten lives up in a world full of eyeliners and cider.
Remember that if you died right now, the people around you might grieve.
Tomorrow comes, we'll still proceed with our daily routine. Stop being naive.
You don't matter, I don't matter, we don't matter. So what?
Go get something done, make your own meaning, show some gut.
We're all trapped in the rat race, whether you know it or not.
But that doesn't matter to me as well, what matters is that I fought.
I fight for things that I value and that gives meaning to my life.
At the end of the day its worth all the drudgery and strifes.
So while its okay to ponder about existential subjects.
Don't stop learning, loving, and moving; and you'll have my respect.

Reservist next June. Fuk.

No comments: