Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Never rely on others

Two years ago, i remember once asking my friend for advice on how to confess to a girl I like (The girl wasn't interested though). This bugger gave me a ton of theories and shit and even offered to confess via text on my behalf.

Things went south pretty fucking quickly as he soon typed in shit like "please give me a chance I'll make you happy." It was at that moment i realized that my dear friend had no idea on what he was doing but he had committed too much already to have it "not work" now as that would mean that his reputation as a "smooth talker/charming guy" would drop or something. Of course in the end, i did not get the girl. She probably thought i was some kind of freak as well thanks to the way my pal was texting her with my phone.

So all in all, there are some people who are all bark and no bite, and would gladly balloon themselves up a just to be liked a little more. Relying on yourself from the start would've likely been waaayyyyyyy better.

But personally, i too regret all the cringey things I've done in the past. Oh well..

No comments: