Thursday, April 10, 2014

He who runs the fastest, runs alone

I remember hearing this quote from a certain kids central cartoon about this main character owing a doll thar can shoot lightning, can't remember what it was but the quote has been stuck in my head even till today. Probably because it makes so much sense hmm..

I recently attempted to converse with a girl who was like waaaayyyy outta my league and it got me thinking, whoa I'm really really weak in so many aspects! While today's post isn't really about her I find myself feeling like some sorta manchild who has no clue on adulthood or what's going on around the world. It's harsh but true though. I guess I've really been spoon-fed lotsa stuff since young which is probably why I have the luxury to choose what I wanna learn/do most of the time and I guess I didn't exactly make the best choices? Gosh what general knowledge do I actually know?

Since young I've never been interested in watching the news, I've always felt that the news is just other people's businesses and I have no interest in theirs as much as they probably don't have any interest in mine. (Hey I was probably five then) I would much rather spend my time watching some pokemon cartoons or play with lego than to sit in from of the TV at 630pm to watch the news on channel 8 with my parents cos I found the news absurdly boring. I guess till today I still share these sentiments despite knowing all the perks of keeping up with the current affairs around the world. I just don't find it worthy enough to relinquish my time on it still. I guess that's kinda a bad habit huh? But ohwell # yolo.

I guess for me to actually commit to something, I have to at least have a slight interest in it first (duh). Like how nowadays I'm more into exercising than before because of my friends around me. I even managed to run 8km today around th camp woo!! Quite proud of myself really I've never done something like this in my life before! If I wanted to i'm sure I could be gone for another two clicks before I enfeeble myself hmm.. So there's that.

I guess friends do play a big part in my life huh? Like my actions would somehow be dictated by theirs. Funny how I don't see much of that from my parents, maybe it's cos they love me too much so much so that I don't see a need to partake in what they're interested in? Everything they have interest in just isn't as "cool". I'm so ashamed I think like this 😭 time to put in more effort/attention on them!! 😎

Anws I watched "Enders game" today and I must say, it's pretty good! Beyond whay I expected really!

Obviously this isn't a significant scene but whatever k get off my back geez..

Imma be booking out at 1030am tomorrow for my skin center's appointment!! Time to find out if there's actually anything wrong! Kinda looking forward to it! (it's weird I know, my skin looks like there's not problems right?)

Ah crap look at the time I gotta be falling in for breakfast in about two hours and twenty minutes time. Hope the sandman finds me soon!

The best part about blogging here is that there's no such thing as writing out of topic. 👍

No comments: