Saturday, July 23, 2016

24

I'm 24 years old this year. Damn that's old. 

Everyday when we browse our social media, we come across countless stories of youths doing amazing stuff, and if you're like me, you'd take a step back and look at yourself and wonder why are they able to accomplish such feats while I'm here, unable to even wake up on time for school or work at times? Is it truly talent? Or hard work?

Well I know for sure that I am neither talented or hardworking, so maybe its my just desserts that I'm mediocre af. But what about the people I know who are actually striving to better themselves? Why do they appear so mediocre too? I wish I had an answer for that. Maybe it's just that their time hasn't come yet I suppose.

We live in a world where our culture is to share our accomplishments to our community as soon as we achieve something, big or small. It's pretty darn narcissistic in my opinion, and I blame social media for that. People are exposed to great things online, they witness amazing feats done by amazing invididuals, and some of us get inspired enough to do the same thing. And that's good, but I believe that our generation is too eager to receive recognition for their "above average" work. Like when you take a mediocre picture with a good camera and edit it to look "pleasing" you get so filled with pride that you decide to upload it online, throw in a buncha hashtags, and then start to low-key fish for compliments. I won't state examples here, but those who know what I'm saying knows what I'm saying.

Wow, my train of thought went a little off today huh. But I digress, perhaps it's better to attempt and "show off" your accomplishments than to stay a pleb like me who hasn't rly done anything significant with his life. Well, to each their own I suppose. At the end of the day, what matters is that we do what pleases us before its too late no?

Haven't seen Eve and Shi Li in awhile since we took this photo earlier this year. Hope they're doing fine :)

No comments: