Monday, June 30, 2014

Lines so fine it's almost blurry


My bunk smells so weird now after they've apparently repainted the place last week while I way away.. It feels kinda unfamiliar now, doesn't matter though.

In another 23 weeks I'll be an actual civilian again, time to get my life back on tracks instead of just constantly reading and watching shows. Can't wait!

Oh crikey I forgot to bring toilet paper into camp -.-

I still remember the day I enlisted like it was yesterday. Spent the entire day before without sleep because Anaqi advised me to make myself as lethargic as possible as it would be hard to sleep in on the first day on enlistment. Left home at an ungodly hour to pasir ris with Phoebe and Mum. It was on a Valentines day, and the only present I could give to my girlfriend at that point of time was my absence for the next 17 days. Pretty sad but kinda excited at the same time as my (ex)girlfriend and I had just watched "Ah Boys To Men" and I was pretty stoked to see what army had in store for me. A million questions ran through my head, what coy would i be in? Would I be able to make friends in a batch who consists of predominantly JC graduates who are two years younger than me? Do they smoke? How badly would my friends and family miss me and vice versa. It was really dreadful yet exciting at the same time. But probably more dread than excitement now that I think about it. Upon stepping foot onto tekong I was swiftly separated from my parents and friends as they were brought into this amphitheatre where parents are given the talk on what recruits will undergo during their stay in Tekong, i still remember myself lugging this luggage with really noisy wheels and everyone was looking at me and my big tummy. Ah. Memories indeed.

Maybe I'll talk more about my enlistment story the next time, my fingers are getting a little tired and my bed smells really funny it's kinda distracting.

23 more weeks. I can't wait.

I worry more than I should when it comes to you. This is bad. Am I allowed to do that?

No comments: